Thursday, April 24, 2008

another secret place

when people know too much about my life, I tend to retreat. there has to be pieces I own. Not everything can be exposed. 

So, I forgot that not everyone is asleep right now. I finally fraternized. And we had to stop by their place to look something up a little after midnight - and all these people were outside, shouting back and forth to eachother, and all. And it hit me... I'm not crazy. It's normal to want to stay up past 12 and play. Then I got dropped off at my place and I run inside so excited to play wtih my roommates, and they're asleep. 

WHAT HAVE I DONE. 

Why am I paying so much to live in a little hole where no one ever comes over or teases us or plays with us. boo. this is a house for engaged people. That's funny. it's filled with engaged people. and me.

sigh. 



1 comment:

theFinn said...

Dear Lori, I accidentally stumbled upon your secret blog. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry into your soul. And I'm sorry that I went to sleep instead of playing with you. Playing should always be first priority.